Saturday, March 05, 2011

Hiking in the back woods.  I tried my friend's baby carrier (beco) and Sweet Pea didn't really like it.
Our homeschool group went bowling and this is what Sweet Pea and I did while Sean bowled.
 Wow, bowling is not easy for a little guy!  He loved it but that ball just bounced all over the place and sometimes rolled down at a snail's pace.
Check out that form!
We hiked through Smallwood State Park one snowy afternoon when we had cabin fever.
My sister, Laura, is such a big help!  She has come over (long drive) to my house many times in the past few months with the specific purpose of deep cleaning around my house.  She's weird and likes to do that.  We spent one full day sorting through kids' clothes, which consequently left my room nice and clean.  One day, after a long day doing random stuff around my house, she forced Adam and I to go on a quick date.  Surprisingly, we chose a Outback.  We usually don't go to chain restaurants (unless it's Chipotle or Five Guys!) but those cheesy fries with ranch dip were calling our name.
Grampy drove down for a conference this week.  The kids were VERY excited about his arrival.
In true Grampy-style, he came bearing gifts.  This is a lego seaplane that Sean had built in less than 30 minutes.  Sweet Pea loves her duplos.  She actually built another duplo tree this morning and took it outside in her pajamas to plant it in the yard.
Sean takes this little wheeled cart down our back yard.  He's figured out how to steer himself into the leaf pile at the bottom of the hill.  And he rolls out if he gets scared.
Big bro was not pleased that baby sis was playing his violin.
Freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice makes a happy family.  :)
Our homeschool group had a nice class at the local humane society.  We learned all about pets.  It only reconfirmed that I don't want one.  Unless it's a baby chick.
Mr. I'm-scared-of-dogs had a blast walking Odie, a beagle up for adoption at the humane society.
Mz Betsy and I were lucky enough to get tickets to the full dress rehearsal of Madame Butterfly at the Kennedy Center.  It was AWESOME!  I was thinking that Adam and I should do that until I saw that ticket prices were at least $175.  Thank goodness we know someone who works there!
Sean chose the hibachi restaurant as a reward for a chart of his.  This chef had the personality of an onion but the whole reason Sean wanted to go was this onion volcano.
Happy with the show.
I ordered sushi since the hibachi food is less than stellar but both kids ate at least half of it!

4 comments:

  1. Love all the black & white photos! The one of you at the Kennedy Center is awesome, you have the same excited look that Sean has in most of his pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the photos! :) Can't pick a favorite even....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. The photos weren't that great so I thought that making a black and white post would be a great cover-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I'm thinking I need your sister! I would love for someone to come help me deep clean. Wish I had the time to get through some of our stuff. Love the way Sweet Pea is looking at her Grandpa. Enjoyed all the photos.

    ReplyDelete

reason to click here.