 |
| Another attempt to pretty up our kitchen window. |
 |
| Sean decided to begin a "Book of Icky things to do." The first page is a recipe for "mickey soup" which is a nice mixture of dirt, banana peels, etc. |
Sean began 1st grade in earnest this week. We started out with just the four basic core subjects (well, not sure if grammar is core in 1st grade): phonics, handwriting, spelling and math. He's balked a few times about settling down and starting his work a couple days this week but eventually sat down. We do two subjects after breakfast and two after lunch. In a few weeks, I'm thinking about doing the core subjects just 4 days a week and working on history and science on the 5th day. The best change I've made is to require just one page of each (or one part) subject for each day. It's very little work for him (if he isn't distracted) and is very do-able. We still do violin each day. By the time the baby arrives, we might actually have a good routine in place!
 |
| After church last week. Sean refused to join in. |
 |
| 32 weeks along |
Yesterday, the whole family was at my 32 week prenatal appointment. Finally, one of the regular midwives was able to see me instead of a sub. She was not concerned at all about the lack of weight gain (I did gain weight for this appointment) or the small measurements. She measured me at 31 cm which is just fine for 32 weeks pregnant. I noticed that morning before the appointment that the baby was positioned lower and I could breathe a little easier and my belly seemed bigger (this photo was that morning). That excited me to no end. Breathing and belly actually looking bigger? Yippee! The midwife felt the baby in a head down position which was also exciting and possibly explains the belly shape change. Baby was head down but on his/her side.. Obviously no worries about that since we still have 55 very long days to go until the due date. Heartbeat was very strong at 136 bpm. Calling the baby "baby" or he/she/it has really been getting on my nerves lately. Also, we're having a bit of a hard time picking out names. None of this bothered me with my first two babies but I can actually see finding out the sex if I go in for another sonogram, though the chances of that are highly unlikely.
Oooh...Flowers are perts, family pics are perts, and pregnant 2p pics are perts! I ain't just sayin' that neither. Youz lookin' goodz!
ReplyDeletePS. Tell that Sweet Pea she is gonna get some squeezes tomorrow! And SP is gonna get some fuzzy head rubs! :D
ReplyDelete