So...while we were on vacation in July, Sean fell off the airbed (at 4am) he was sharing with Pea, jumped back on but jumped on Pea accidentally. She SCREAMED in terror, he SCREAMED in terror and ran out of the room into the pitch black hallway. They settled down quickly but Pea came into my bed and I literally had to hold her hand the entire night or she'd wake up whimpering. Fast forward 4 weeks...she's still not sleeping well. Only once since we've been back in our own house (IN FOUR WEEKS!!) has she slept in her own bed, and that night she ended up scared and came into our room anyway. We have never had any problems with kids not staying in their own beds so I think I finally understand how other parents feel when their kids won't stay in their beds at night. Since Kieran was born, Pea has slept very consistently in the same room as Sean. Being in the same room as someone isn't enough some nights, she has to be pretty much on top of you for the fear to subside. I am pretty understanding of all this until it wake Kieran up. And then I lose my mind, especially when Adam's away. Last night, it happened again. Two nights before that it happened too. Both nights were full of screaming and that was before she even fell asleep. We made a little mattress up on the floor near our bed for her but even that she won't accept, as in the aforementioned two nights. Our bedtime is still much later than normal. Due to vacation fun and then the Olympics, 9pm is the new standard. Changing that is turning out to be a big deal. I hope by love love loving her during the day, she'll be more confident and calm at night.
 |
| She rides her bike in dresses all the time. Luckily for us, cousin Avery gave us many beautiful dresses to choose from each day! |
 |
| Kieran LOVES looking up at planes, of course. Don't all babies? This picture was the best I could get with the 50mm lens while he was in my arms looking up at a plane. I kind of like it. |
 |
| I don't remember what he was doing here. He added (since my last post) a new sign. Poop. :) Good to know! |
 |
| Here she is, right after telling Sean that he really should go in and get shoes on while riding his bike. |
Cathleen has been begging for "school" lately. I have to work really hard to carve out the time from Sean's studies and Kieran's napping/non-napping but I know she deserves my time too. We sit on the couch after she's pulled out what she wants to do from the school shelves. Usually a generic math workbook leftover from Sean's preschool years and
OPTGR. OPTGR is pretty dry and it gets going into reading faster than I thought she would be ready for but she's reading! She enjoys learning this way. Sean did not enjoy this book as much when he was 5. She is great at sounding out words and then being able to blend the sounds together to make a word but reading actual sentences is new. She is quite proud of herself, as she should be! She left a message for Adam today (he's in NYC) reading her first little tiny story. I don't quite know how to get an audio clip up on the blog...will work on that.
 |
| Holding Kieran and pushing this load in the stroller on our walk around the neighborhood is quite a workout. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
reason to click here.