Monday, April 22, 2013

Adam's Tough Mudder

Leaving the van for the 30 min shuttle ride 
Climbing over the wall to the starting poimt

Listening about how the TM supports the Wounded Warriors

Star-Spangled Banner
Firewalker.

Finally, we found him 3 hours into the race! He was cold and exhausted but still  had 6 more obstacles to go and lots of trail running left.

Firewalker: leaping over fire into yet another mud pit






The only obstacle that had a line out of 22 total. He's in the yellow and blue, about to start this obstacle.

 He finally made it over the top!

Baby in hand, I didn't even notice the camera settings were wrong as Adam went down Greased Lightning into, yes, another mud moat.

We missed him going up Everest (huge slippery  half pipe) but we watched him helping out many others get over the top.
Moving on...

Second to last obstacle. Wet monkey bars. Fell off.


Pretty building off trail.
Electroshock Therapy: last obstacle involving live 10,000 volt wires. And mud.


He's toast!

Complimentary Dos Equis



Leaving.
The kids and I were pretty tired at the end too! We walked around hilly terrain looking for Daddy and then following him once we found him. All three were troopers and it was much easier (though exhausting) than I thought it was going to be.

1 comment:

  1. I was just re-looking at this and it dawned on me that I wouldn't even be able to get over that wall to the starting point. I'd be stuck. Doh!

    ReplyDelete

reason to click here.