Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cherry blossoms and 40 weeks pregnant

We were facing right into the sun but at least it's better than our Easter pictures! Thanks to Adam's parents for our new tripod.
This morning, Adam woke up early to buy some Krispy Kreme donuts for an early morning excursion to see the puffy cherry blossoms downtown. Unfortunately, even though we were there at 7:15am, it was too late so we're going to go either tomorrow morning or Monday morning. This tree is beautiful but not nearly as puffy and pretty as the ones downtown. BUT it's on base with the Potomac in the background so we had a dry run just in case baby decides to make an appearance tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'll officially be 40 weeks when we wake up! Due date is April 12th and no real signs of labor yet. This baby is hanging out much longer than his siblings. I have another ultrasound to check amniotic fluid on Monday and then my weekly prenatal appointment on Tuesday which will include baby's second non-stress test. The midwives will ask if I want any interventions performed (membrane stripping, cervidil gel, etc) and as of right now, I'm going to decline. I think they will insist around the 41 week mark...I'll have to find out the details on Tuesday since I never thought I'd still be pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

reason to click here.