Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Pea and Finn

I'm happy to report that Cathleen willingly practices her violin now. Usually with a smile on her face like this. Two reasons for this, I think. One, Suzuki Institute in Hershey in July. She loved it and hasn't had a fit about playing since. Secondly, Mrs. Emily, the kids' new violin teacher, requires them to learn a "by ear" piece each week. Cathleen has chosen Irish tunes that she's heard Sean play for years and she's always playing them. First time, really, that she's played the violin for pleasure (and not practice) since she started, that I can recall. 
My sweet boy. He's so mobile now. Crawling in a unorganized manner but very successful. This toy (from Caryn?) has made the cut every time I purge toys. 

This morning, in bed before the sun was up, Finn crawled over to Daddy and slapped him in the face a couple times. Adam woke up, not surprisingly, and started doing the sign for Dada that he's been showing Finn since his first few weeks. Finn did the sign himself! Over and over! Not exactly as it should be but just the way his brothers and sister did when they were babies. Though they weren't this young.

Seriously? He is such a pumpkin. So cute and so mild-mannered. He hasn't cut his first tooth yet but I can feel it under the gums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

reason to click here.