Thursday, January 07, 2016

Happy 2016!

What a doll baby. At his well-baby appointment last year, I was shocked to find that he is average height and weight! 20 pounds still. I think he was 28" long. The immunization clinic lady on base is AWESOME. She's letting me give Finn one shot at a time, instead of the, say, 3 shots that inoculate for 13 diseases at once. That made me so happy. And Finn's doctor said his sister is like me (haha) so he's not judgy about my desires to keep Finn's medical appointments as noninvasive as possible. Happy momma dance.
No one in the family can get enough of this guy. His siblings fawn over him, especially first thing in the morning and when he wakes up from his naps.


I talked to the doc about Finn not eating solids. I suspect his sensitive gag reflex might have something to do with it. Even though I know "food before one is just for fun" (lol) I wanted to bring up the gagging/choking issue at his appointment. Finn chokes or gags on pretty much everything and refuses real food. However, we haven't tried pureed foods much. Both Pea and Kieran at table foods with us from the beginning so that's what I thought Finn would do. We bought some organic baby food from the commissary and he eats the tiniest bits of it. He's interested certainly but maybe more for squishing it around all over. :)

That's Mr. Sweet Tooth with Mr. M&M Man. 
Daddy and his little buddy.


Sean loves chess. Sean loves Daddy. Sean LOVES chess with Daddy. Late night battle last weekend.

The night we tried a pouch of baby food with Finn. Ended up realizing spoon fed was way better! duh! Broccoli pear everywhere!

Even though Sean's eyes are closed, this is a sweet picture.

Here, let me claw your face for you.

We had a homeschool music recital! It's a good thing for other homeschool students on base who don't otherwise have any performance opportunities. That's my friend, Charlotte, directing a small children's choir. You can see Sweet Pea with the red bow in her hair. They sang Hallelujah Chorus and a round. It was really nice!

Charlotte's husband accompanied everyone. You can see a bit of Sean, third person in.

There they both are!
Both Sean and Pea played a violin piece too. Adam was TDY so it was all I could do to record it on my phone with Finn strapped to me, nursing to sleep, and Kieran wandering about the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

reason to click here.