Life is busy busy busy! Kieran is still not napping consistently, though hour-long naps are not unheard of. His first two teeth just came in and he was miserable for much of the days of last week. I'm debating whether to get his next round of vaccines or wait since he'll be in complete misery if we do that this week.
Adam's band is going on tour again but this time, the kids and I are running off to stay with his parents. I'm so thankful they're willing to put up with us for such a long time. Overall, I know it'll be easier being with them than at home. Some things will be harder, such as not having a car and not being at home and missing our friends but having help making dinner, doing dishes and a break from all three kids at once is more important. The kids are excited about flying up there. I'm actually not worried about the flight up there with three like I was with two. Unless Kieran screams the whole time like baby Pea did once. That was no fun!
In the summer, we're driving down to Florida for some much needed time with my family. It'll be a Gill family reunion and I can't wait! It'll be crazy hot but we'll have the beach to cool off in when necessary. I was worried about the car ride down there but Kieran and I have practiced our nursing sessions while he and I are both still buckled up. :) It actually works though I might need some chiropractic work by the time we get there! Cathleen wouldn't stand for nursing in the car so she just screamed. I didn't even think to try it with Sean.
Speaking of Cathleen, she's turning FOUR soon! She is so excited! She's also very excited to get to Florida so she can receive lots more clothes from cousin Avery. One of Cathleen's favorite things is to go down to the basement and go through the one remaining tub of clothes from Avery's last donation. My little girl fits the stereotype perfectly: she loves clothes! I've learned not to mention that something doesn't match or it's the wrong season. She doesn't care and would rather look good and freeze than wear a jacket over her nice clothes.
As a family, we've rid our house of all grains and sugars. Since March 8th. Adam's been eating this way on and off for almost two years. When he's on top of things (not on tour, etc) he is more fit and healthier than ever. For those of you who like to educate yourselves, here's a good place to start. I know that the insulin spike is something to be concerned with (esp with my penchant for sweets) and I want to take care of myself for my babies if nothing else, so I am on a 30-day trial. I do eat dark chocolate here and there but we literally threw the sugar and flour into the garbage. That was key for me b/c I can make a million different sweets quickly if I needed a fix! And I did have a serious addiction. The kids are eating up a storm...lots of meat, veggies and fruit. The most amazing thing to me is how sweet fruit is once my sweet receptors were no longer used to straight sugar. I had an orange the other day that was almost over-the-top sweet! Same with a grapefruit. We'll have cake for Pea's birthday, Sean made an ice cream dessert from his cookbook and we'll probably have stuffing, etc for Thanksgiving but I don't see us going back to the gluten/sugar insulin spike way of life. At least I hope we don't. It'll be hard when we're on the road but we'll get back into the swing of things once we get back home and those things aren't available.
Kieran is just now starting to eat solid food. He feeds himself by grabbing whatever he can and sucks/gums it to death. We are not feeding him any cereals of course and we don't spoonfeed him as a rule. I'm late to the party with that one but I love it. We didn't feed Cathleen much rice cereal or grains much either but we did spoonfeed her. Kieran is just in the exploration stage with solids and is able to do it at his own pace without us shoving a spoon in his mouth.
Kieran is also desperate to crawl. When seated on the floor, he leans forward onto his hands and rocks trying to get up on all fours. He usually flops down on his belly once his legs are out of the way. Sean was standing up next to furniture by this time but Kieran isn't interested in standing at all. Just crawling. Maybe he'll be our first crawler.
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment
reason to click here.