Tuesday, April 09, 2013

2013 Cherry Blossoms

We trekked back to the Tidal Basin to see the cherry trees in peak bloom. They were gorgeous as usual. As usual, Sean would have rather stayed home (he is not a fan of big crowds and doing nothing but smiling at cameras...) Pea is still recovering from the same thing Sean had last week when Erin and John were here. General lethargy and no appetite. Hoping she doesn't get as grumpy as Sean was the first day he was able to join the land of the living after 2 1/2 days on the couch! Luckily, he's back to normal and she'll be feeling better by tomorrow I think.
This was definitely the best pic I hoped to get amidst throngs of cherry blossom admirers. The lighting was difficult, directly behind us.
I still have so much to learn about photography. I had the f-stop way off  in this picture. That coupled with Sean's funny expression makes this an outtake! Plus Adam mentioned that there are no blossoms visible in this picture!

Today was the Peak Bloom day so we scooted in in between Adam's Air Force job and a pay gig. You can see the scaffolding going up the Washington Monument. The repairs from the earthquake in 2011 will take a few years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

reason to click here.